Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Technology Fast...... I wimped out, kind of!!!!

So its day 2 of the technology fast and I am now sitting in the library... online and also texting. I wimped out and decided that I couldn't do without my phone or the internet today!! :( My phone is like an extension of my arm and I felt lost without it, even just to check the time. But I will try from 6pm to give it up until class tomorrow and that will be a massive effort!!! At least I tried though unlike some people in the class, like Michael for example, who prentends like he doesn't "need" his phone..... ha, yeah right, he's never off it. He's sitting in the library on his ghetto typing about how certain people gave in and he didnt even try!! LOOSER!

I have stuck to not going on facebook though, well except for 10mins yesterday which is an absolute miracle. So now I am really going to give it a go.... I am going to publish this post and get offline and give my phone to Jemma until class tomorrow!!!..... Fingers crossed I last!! I'll probably just go crazy!


So I ended up going a whole 18 hours without my phone, internet or e-mail. The worst one would have to be my phone, its mad how reliant I have become to all these new technologies. I felt as though I was out out of touch with everyone and that I had no way of contacting them. I dont know how anybody could be without any of these technologies now as they have become an essential part of everyday life for everyone.

2 comments: